Wednesday, April 26, 2017


WEEK 82 Vacaville

Family and Friends, 

Here we are again. I can't even believe how quickly it came and went. Although these past seven days were gone in a blink of an eye, they certainly were good ones. If there's one thing that particularly stood out to me this week, it was that transferring into a new area and trying to figure things out takes a lot of patience. I've been very fortunate on my mission to be staying in most of my areas for longer amounts of time but The Lord saw it fit for me to be transferred here to Vacaville. Despite the craziness that went on, we were actually able to get a lot of good work done so that made me really happy! 

With arranging rides for transfers, getting missionaries situated, delivering personal items, helping Elders and Sisters move into new apartments, and the other wild amounts of things on our to do list - we only had about two full days that allowed us to work in our area. Though our time was short, Elder Pike and I went to work. We absolutely killed it this week! 

In contacting, knocking doors, and through our finding efforts I've come to the conclusion that Vacaville has got to have some of the most kind, humble and genuine people on the planet. All walks of life, all shapes and sizes... EVERYBODY was so nice to us this week. There wasn't a single person that we walked up to, a single door we knocked on, or a single Less Active member of the church we visited that wasn't more than kind to us. Having just come from Eureka and walking the streets there - I stood in amazement as to how people kindly greeted us into their home and were more than happy to hear a message. That hasn't happened to me in months! I couldn't even believe my eyes. 

There really are people that are waiting and ready to hear the gospel message we have to share. Elder Pike and I decided to head to a neighborhood in our area and visit some people there. As we got out of the car and started to our first house - everything that followed were complete miracles from God. We met a Part-Member, Less Active family that hadn't been to church in almost a decade. They happily greeted us into their home and the wife even agreed to reading The Book of Mormon and letting us come back to teach them more. A couple houses down, a man by the name of Kumar (of Indian descent) let us come in and teach him about the Restoration. Derrick and his two kids (random people we met on the street) happily sat on their front driveway, and let us teach them some things about the Prophet Joseph Smith. All in all, it was just an extremely great couple of days that we had to spend in our area. I loved every minute of it. 

One of the more daunting tasks we have within our area happens to be figuring out what to do with the investigators we have and how we can get them moving towards baptism. There are soooo many great people here that are nearly ready to make the commitment - we just need figure out what will get them there. We really have come together as a companionship and have prayed mightily to The Lord that He would bless us to know what we could best do to help these people. I'm anxious to see what The Lord has in store for us as we continue to give our best efforts and are consistently seeking to do His will. 

We have a lot scheduled for the upcoming days and I'm so excited to get out there and just work. I do love this work with all my heart. I have a great testimony of the Restoration of the Gospel in these the latter days. This is God's church. I know it with all my heart. My testimony is strengthened as I feel the spirit and walk in the paths that Heavenly Father has outlined for me. I hope and pray to only bring the joy and happiness I receive--from the Gospel--to another family out there in the world. Here's to a new week with new challenges and greater opportunities to grow. 

I love you all. Talk to you next week. GodSpeed.

-Elder Schaefer

No comments:

Post a Comment