Wednesday, April 26, 2017










WEEK 81 Eureka, McKinleyville Ward & Humboldt YSA Ward 

Family and Friends,

What a journey it's been. I can't believe how quickly the past four and a half months have gone by. It seems as if almost yesterday I was taking my first drive up Highway 101 and being mesmerized by the beautiful, dark thickets of green that surrounded us. Now, as I think about leaving this miraculously gorgeous area and the people therein - I feel sad because of the distance that will be between us. Although I won't see these people as often as I would like, I take with me the memories, experiences, and lessons learned. 

Without going into too much detail, Eureka has easily been the hardest area I've ever served in on my mission. With that being said, I know that I was sent here for a reason. I feel that I learned a lot about trials and why they are to come. I have come to understand that life isn't just to be 'endured' but rather to continuously be living the Gospel in such a way that would permit us a greater amount of spiritual growth through rough times. There is a lot that my Heavenly Father has blessed me to learn over this amount of time and I'm thankful. Feeling forever blessed. 

As this chapter of the book ends, another one opens. I'm heading to Vacaville with an extremely optimistic outlook on it all. The area happens to be one of the most 'coveted' areas in the mission. Our Ward and Stake happen to be the most missionary minded people in our whole mission area. They've got a great love for helping assist in The Lords work and I couldn't be more excited to rub shoulders with them for however long time will permit me. There are good things waiting for me in Vacaville. I can just feel it. 

I'll write more next week. Stay tuned. 

I love you all. Be safe. GodSpeed.

-Elder Schaefer



No comments:

Post a Comment