Monday, April 17, 2017






WEEK 76 Eureka, McKinleyville Ward & Humboldt YSA Ward 
Family and Friends, 

Most weeks come and go with so much to report on, things to talk about and a lot of marvelous experiences I wish to recount. With it being the week of Christmas and only a few days left until the celebration of the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ - I only want to offer my simple testimony of the special babe that came into the world many years ago. 

From the Bible stories we've all had the privilege of hearing and the special nativity scenes that were displayed throughout many of our homes, they each tell of a special event that brings unmatched hope and purpose to every individual that has ever lived. A King. A Prince of Peace. The Lord of Lords. The Anointed One. The Messiah. This man was born to fulfill the will of His father and to bring clarity in a world full of confusion. He came as a sacrifice for all - so that we can live again. So that we can have second chances. So that we would one day return to the presence of our Eternal Father and have joy beyond our own imagination. What a special life He lived. What a gift we've been given. This is the season to rejoice and sing hallelujah to His name. 

I stand as a witness of his divine love. I testify of a living Christ. I have felt the bands of iniquity been loosed from my very soul. There is a redeeming power that goes beyond description. Sin, addiction, short comings, personal frailties, weaknesses, and all other ends of imperfect human nature are made up for through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. As a result of His sacrifices, the world has irrevocably been changed. It has not and will not ever be the same. 

My testimony of Him is unwavering. My faith in Him is ever growing. I love Him with all my heart and am thankful for such a matchless blessing. He will forever stand as the greatest thing that has ever happened to this earth and to me, personally. 

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and pray that The Lord's spirit will be upon you come these next couple days. 

Until next week. I'll see you soon. GodSpeed.

-Elder Austen Schaefer

No comments:

Post a Comment