Tuesday, December 13, 2016







WEEK 75 Eureka, McKinleyville Ward & Humboldt YSA Ward 

Family and Friends, 

As this chapter in my life is coming to a close and another one is soon to open, I am feeling so blessed for all that has gone on here in the McKinleyville Ward. These two most recent transfers have undoubtedly been some of the best times on my mission. The Lord has blessed us so richly and has manifested himself in innumerable amounts of ways. We've seen miracles. I've learned a tremendous amount. I feel that I've grown in a wide variety of ways. My testimony of the Gospel is a lot stronger. Although this week wasn't easy for me - I feel a substantial amount of comfort in knowing that one day my companion and I will be back together. 

Overall, the hardest part of this week was losing one of my best friends. Saying goodbye to a dear friend and brother is not always the easiest thing in the world. We've been through a lot over the past 17 months. Ups and downs, twists and turns. Needless to say - I wouldn't be where I am today without Elder Adamson. There has not been a more influential missionary in my life than him. I will never forget all that we've done and the privilege is was to have gotten to serve alongside him. I'm sad to see him go, but looking forward to the day I get to see him again. We had a good run. It's not over from here, though. #RideOrDie

For now, there's still a lot of work to be done in Eureka. I know without a shadow of a doubt that God has prepared more people to hear and be taught the Gospel. I'm looking forward to all that The Lord has in store for my companion and I. For the opportunity I have to bring others this humble message, I'll never be more grateful. 

Until next week. 

I'll see you soon. Be safe. GodSpeed.

-Elder Austen Schaefer

No comments:

Post a Comment