Wednesday, November 23, 2016



WEEK 65 Eureka, McKinleyville Ward & Humboldt YSA Ward  

Family and Friends, 

My cup runneth over. What a truly inspiring and wonderful week we've had. I've certainly never felt so happy in my life, so I think that would be a great reflection of how wonderful things have been going here in Eureka. I am especially and immensely grateful for all the wonderful direction, counsel and feelings of love that I received in having watched General Conference this past weekend. Thinking about all that was said - there is a great amount of things that I have to be better at & improve in. As overwhelming as all of these thoughts seemed, I'm forever grateful for the words of the apostles and prophet to give me some guidance on ways that I can do so.

One of the greatest lessons I learned and one of my most favorite 'take-aways' in General Conference came in the Sunday afternoon session. Elder Bednar shared: 

"We come to know the Savior as we do our best to go where He wants us to go, as we strive to say what He wants us to say, and as we become what He wants us to become."

This had a deep and lasting effect on me and I've given it a great deal of thought since Elder Bednar shared this educated, very experienced, and well seasoned statement. I found it so extremely interesting. Intriguing - in every essence of the word. 

We can come to know the Savior as we do as He asks. It's simple. We can come to strengthen our relationship in Him, find peace and comfort from Him, and receive profound blessings throughout eternity - as we act as He would. There's not a single person, inanimate object, unfortunate event, or even a stumbling block that comes about our lives that prevents us from coming closer to Christ. There is absolutely nothing in this world that could change the outcome of our belief in the ever living Son of God, except for the steadfast desire that should reside within us. Personally & individually, we are the only thing that impedes and prohibits growth in relationship with the Savior. 

My invitation to you--and count on me to be putting this to practice in the coming week--is to look for some ways in your life that you might be stunting the growth and slowing the development of your companionship with the Savior. Maybe look within yourself at some things that might be denying a greater presence of The Lord in your life. I fully believe and trust that as we do so - He will generously bless us with heavenly help, spiritual gifts, and increased capacity in all aspects and walks of life. 

I love my mission. I love the opportunity that I have to come to know the Savior more fully over these two years. He is my rock. He is my salvation. 



Until next week. GodSpeed.



-Elder Schaefer

No comments:

Post a Comment