Wednesday, September 28, 2016












 WEEK 63 SAN RAFAEL  2nd Ward

 Family and Friends, 

As time is scarce and I lack the words of even describing how I'm currently feeling, I must first and foremost express my deepest gratitude and love for all that has transpired over the past four and one half months. There's so many wonderful people that I've met and have had the opportunity to rub shoulders with, while we were each united under the cause of serving The Lord. I've never felt as sad to leave an area as much as I do this one. I know without a shadow of a doubt that Heavenly Father wanted me here in San Rafael to learn, grow and develop myself further as a missionary, but more importantly as a valiant son of God. My feelings or words could not adequately do justice what I feel on the inside of my heart. I must lean to the lyrics of a highly successful, impactful, poetic, and service driven woman herself. 

"I wanna leave my footprint on the sands of time
Know there was something that, meant something that I left behind
When I leave this world, I'll leave no regrets,
Leave something to remember, so they won't forget

I was here
I lived, I loved
I was here
I did, I've done, everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be
I will leave my mark so everyone will know
I was here

I want to say I lived each day, until I die
And know that I meant something in somebody's life
The hearts I have touched will be the proof that I leave
That I made a difference, and this world will see

I was here
I lived, I loved
I was here
I did, I've done, everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be
I will leave my mark so everyone will know

I was here." 

Heavenly Father has blessed me so immensely and has brought my life so much happiness. I am more than pleased and proud of the calling that I bare. I know that without God & his eternal plan - none of this would be possible. None of this would've happened. None of the people I met, homes I entered into, relationships I built, and lives that we touched could've even come remotely close without The Master. On top of it all and what I'm mostly grateful for are the blessings that others have been to me. I could never closely explain the impressions that have been made upon my heart. Forever grateful. 

Looking forward and thinking about where I'm headed, I'm optimistic and excited about the experiences that now await me in Mckinleyville, Eureka. I know that this will be another place for The Lord to mold me in what He would have me be. Getting to be companions with one of my favorite missionaries in the mission is going to be an immense blessing as well. Elder Adamson & I will certainly appreciate all sorts of prayers that we can get. We're expecting big things and are planning on heavily relying on The Lord for all we need. For with Him, all things are possible. 

I love my mission. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I'll see you soon. GodSpeed.

-Elder Schaefer

1 comment: