Wednesday, April 13, 2016






WEEK 41 Rohnert Park 3rd Ward-

Family and Friends,

Concluding a week of constantly having a smile on my face and enjoying
every second of being out here on my mission - my cheek muscles have
never felt as sore. I don't know if I've ever been so lucky, happy,
and blessed all at the same time. Heavenly Fathers hand and spirit was
quite noticeable throughout the duration of this past week.

Transfers were this Tuesday and all I can say is - hallelujah. I've
been tasked by The Lord and given the opportunity to train another
missionary. My new companion comes straight out of South Jordan, Utah.
From the moment I first saw him at the mission office, I just KNEW we
were going to be companions. It was like one of those "epiphany
things" where you just all of the sudden saw your new best friend on
the mission. Elder Everitt is one of the most amazing guys I've ever
met in my life. He's twenty two years old and has been less active for
the majority of his life. His story blows me away. I couldn't be more
grateful that Heavenly Father blessed me with such an amazing and
experienced companion. I don't think I'm going to be the one doing
training around here. He's going to be training me.

In discussing goals for this upcoming transfer, Elder Everitt and I
decided to reach for the stars. We plan and expect to have no less
than four baptisms in the next six weeks we have with one another.
Call us crazy, but I have faith that this will happen. We're really
going to try on working with implementing the "Principles of Baptism"
into our teaching, contacting, finding and planning. Obedience +
Skills + Faith = Principles of Baptism. We've got a good forty two
days planned. You can bet on that.

I learned a great lesson this week in listening to the promptings of
the spirit. Although very subtle, these promptings we receive are
words coming directly to our heart from a loving Heavenly Father. As a
result of following these promptings, Elder Everitt and I were able to
pick up two new potential investigators. I know that these feelings
aren't self imposed. I know that it wasn't just a "coincidence" that
we knocked on Anna's door and ran into Peter at the gas station. God
is in the details. Minor or major. He knows where, and when we need to
be at the exact time. He puts people in our lives for a specific
reason.

I have such a testimony of this Restored Gospel. I have such a
testimony of the young fourteen year old Prophet Joseph Smith. I know
that he saw God the Father and his son Jesus Christ. I know and can
testify will all sincerity in my heart that Jesus the Christ was our
Savior. His sacrifice was perfect. His plan is perfect. The Atonement
and suffering in The Garden of Gethsemane can swallow up any pain,
hurt, guilt and affliction we experience in this life - because He was
there. He always is.

{Isaiah 53:5}
"But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our
iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his
stripes we are healed."

Endure my loved ones. Endure. We're not alone.

-Elder Schaefer

No comments:

Post a Comment