Thursday, April 7, 2016





WEEK 40 Rohnert Park 3rd Ward/Rohnert Park Spanish Branch- 

#1: Went over to visit the Edwards family for the last time. I will forever remember these sweet kids.
#2: Now that Sister Aguilar isn't here to make my Daily Planners for me, I've had to learn myself. These were a couple that I finished this week. I'm sure you'll like these ones, momma.😉
#3: Word to the wise. Never & I repeat... Never wear these socks around Californians. It's foreign to them. They'll quite literally pull out their phones, take pictures, send it to their friends on snapchat and make fun of you.

Family and Friends,

I apologize for the recent weekly emails that have come in late.
Things get so crazily busy around here that I'm always finding myself
having forgotten to send them out to all of you. I certainly could be
a lot better at this!

For each and every one that watched - you know General Conference was
beyond amazing. Goodness gracious was it a spiritual feast, or what?
And then to top it all off with that "mic drop" of a talk by Jeffrey
R. Holland?! He's wonderful. I'm especially impressed with the words
he shared in the latter part of his talk when speaking about those who
come short in the process of keeping the commandments. He said:
"Please remember tomorrow, and all the days after that, that the Lord
blesses those who want to improve, who accept the need for
commandments and try to keep them, who cherish Christlike virtues and
strive to the best of their ability to acquire them. If you stumble in
that pursuit, so does everyone; the Savior is there to help you keep
going."

I'm especially thankful for his motivating and peace giving words. I
found great comfort in knowing that The Lord is looking to bless those
that are constantly striving to be better and do better. But also is
my heart full of gratitude for all the other amazing testimonies and
words delivered by other apostles and leaders of the church. I know
that these men and women are empowered by God. Their emotions and
countenances directly reflect that of The Spirit. Their words and
deeds directly reflect that of The Saviors. [Matthew 7:15-18]

I'm getting a new "greenie" tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited. I
am feeling very privileged in being tasked by The Lord with training
another missionary. This area and I are going to be immensely blessed
with a new young buck ready to "harvest the field". I know that The
Lord has kept me here in Rohnert Park for many reasons. I never
imagined that it would've been for six months, but I will forever
remember those that I've had the privilege of rubbing shoulders with,
working with, and serving with. Here's to another transfer in the
marvelous Rohnert Park 3rd Ward.

I'll see you soon. Be safe. GodSpeed.

-Elder Schaefer

No comments:

Post a Comment