Monday, September 7, 2015




WEEK 10-  Fairfield 2nd Ward

Family and Friends,

Hello again. Well this week wasn't super eventful, but it definitely was one full of service, sweat, and tons of laughs. I love all of the missionaries out here. We have all become best friends and always look for opportunities to be together. Elder Achal and I are getting along better than ever.  We laugh so much. We have been teaching so well together. (I think we've figured out each others teaching styles, so we've tweaked our own to compliment one another and teach effectively.) We got two BRAND NEW greenies out of the Provo MTC this past week, so that's been fun showing them around and welcoming them into the California, Santa Rosa mission. Something that I think is so amazing out in the mission field is the love and welcoming that each missionary shows each other. There is such a distinct relationship with everyone here and nobody is treated less than another, despite the differences that we may have. We treat everybody the same and its been such a great example to me as to how the Savior would love others. 

I've really been trying to work on being more Christlike and attaining Christlike attributes throughout the duration of the two years while I'm out here. It's definitely been hard, but the Savior has helped me overcome a lot of adversity that the mission puts on you. Ive since relied on the Savior and his Atoning Sacrifice more than ever before. I can't believe the difference in spirituality that it brings when we really submit OUR will to The Lords. I've seen an abundance of blessings recently in my life... only because I'm working to make everything I do in accordance with the Lord and his standards. I can't wait to see and experience the growth that the mission brings. Nor can I wait to see all my friends when they come home from the mission and the growth they've also experienced. Cahoon, Whitworth, Nielsen, and Kartchner I miss you guys. You're my best buds. Even though we are in different places currently, you're always my dudes. Can't wait to see you guys.❤

This upcoming week is going to be 100+ degrees across the board. I can't believe how hot California is even in the "fall-ish" months. I miss Utah weather so much. The only glimpse I get of it is at night around 7:00. The sunsets here are JUST like Utah.😩 I kinda get super homesick when that time of night comes around, but Elder Achal and I just go on pretty drives in between appointments, so it makes up for it. Hahaha he's kind of a funky driver though. (Canadians do all things weird, but that's the most distinct thing that I notice.) Pray for me this upcoming week that I don't get Heat Stroke and die. Hahaha. I'm not gonna die, but it's gonna be tough.

As far as our missionary work goes... It's all the same. This was one of the busier weeks that we've had, but keeping busy is just what I need. It distracts me from thinking about home, family, and friends. The majority of this week was service because just about 3 families moved into the ward. I'm sure you can imagine how much they love to take advantage of elders that live in the area. ;) we're like little pack rats who lift heavy stuff while they sit back and sip on lemonade. It's frustrating at times, but "if there's no thorns, there's no thrones". That's kind of the motto I've lived off of for a while now. If there's no thorns in this two year journey, there will be no throne of success. 

I'm sorry to have gotten off on a random tangent, but not much happened this week. Hahaha, I hope all is well at home and all is well for those that are also serving a mission. My prayers are with you all. I miss you so much. I'm sorry if I haven't emailed any of you guys individually yet. I certainly will within the next 22 months.😉 gimme some time. 

Love you all so much. See you soon. GodSpeed.

-Elder Schaefer

No comments:

Post a Comment