Monday, August 24, 2015

WEEK 8- Fairfield 2nd Ward

Family and Friends,

GEESE?!  It's P-Day again, already?!  It literally feels like yesterday that I was typing up my last email and sending it home.  I can't believe how fast time goes out here. Days really do feel like weeks, but weeks turn into days.  It blows my mind, but I am absolutely loving it in the mission field. Nothing huge happened this week in terms of missionary work, but I have experienced a couple "miracles” per-say.


I think the best thing to ever happen out here yet has been a recent purchase on the churches tab.  THEY BOUGHT ME A NEW BED!!!!  Ahhhh best thing to happen yet. ;)  Just kidding!  But for real, I have been sleeping so well. The first night I got it, I went to bed 30 minutes early. I got so comfortable laying there, I really felt like I was at home. It got so bad, that l eventually reached over to my nightstand looking to grab my phone. Literally. I kept moving my hand around looking to find it, but there was obviously no phone there. Yeah, I kinda felt like an idiot but I was able to laugh about it. Hahahah. 
 
Despite the humiliating “at home experience” we had something really cool happen. When I first got here in the field, we had an AWESOME investigator named Linda.  Linda seemed to be the “golden” investigator that everybody talks about.  We taught her about The Restoration and she couldn't have been more satisfied with what we had to share. She wanted more of the lessons, and asked us if we would come back the next day. So, we scheduled a couple appointments with her. Upon returning for visits, she never seemed to be home.  We called her, knocked her door about 15 separate times, etc.  We just couldn't get in contact.  It was one of the most frustrating things, but I continued to feel prompted by the spirit to keep her as an investigator and not drop her.  Weeks went by without seeing or speaking to her.  We have been praying about her for the past month.  I wanted so badly to see her again and give her another lesson because I felt that she had so much potential.
Saturday night we had been canceled on for all our appointments.  We had nobody to go see, and no plans.  I immediately had the feeling that we needed to just try ONE more time. Elder Achal was hesitant in going to see Linda, but I eventually broke him.  We headed over, parked outside of her house and knocked her door.  I'm sure you could've guessed what happened...no answer.  Very discouraged we decided to just knock doors in her neighborhood for the rest of the night.  After about 2 hours of tracting, it started to get late so we headed back to the car.  Upon returning to the car, you're not gonna believe who was standing outside her house.  LINNNNDAAAA!!!  We had a great conversation and planned a couple lessons for this upcoming week.  I truly felt The Lord answering my prayers and blessing us to see her.  We put a lot of effort into making things work with her, and our work was finally being paid off.  It was so cool to see that when we follow such a little prompting, our prayers can be answered and tender mercies of The Lord will be unfolded before our eyes.
 
This week hasn't been super crazy, but I am definitely excited for transfers on Friday. I wanna know who my next trainer is. The Zone Leaders told me I'd be staying in Fairfield for the next transfer, but anything could really happen.  I would love to stay here and lead out the area.  It'll be interesting to find out what Heavenly Father wants for me. 
 
I miss you all, a lot.  This has been one of the hardest weeks being away from home. Especially with Corner Canyon football starting up, and the first football game being last Friday. I really miss those days, but I know that there's better days ahead for me. 
 
Love you all very much. I'll see you soon. GodSpeed.

-Elder Schaefer

No comments:

Post a Comment